Club championship and performance awards
The Club Running Championship and Performance Awards Scheme was introduced in 2008 with the aim of:
- Encouraging club member's participation in a more varied mix of race events and distances.
- Encouraging "friendly competition" between members, despite of differences in age and gender, and in turn increasing an individual's motivation & performances.
- Increasing the visibility of the BRJ Club at events and the potential for members to achieve individual and Team Awards.
For multi sport championships please click here
Rules Of The 2018 Club Championships
- The 2017 Annual Running Championship will be run over a 12 month period commencing on the 1st January 2017.
- The Championship is open to all First Claim club members
- Individuals must complete 4 (four) events from a list of "nominated" events.
- An individual's final score shall be calculated using the total of their best 3 (three) age / gender graded scores.
- The race finish times that will be scored shall be those taken from the official published race results (i.e. gun time). Chip timing will be used, where available.
- Only results that record the individual competing as a BRJ member will be scored. If a BRJ member completes a race under the name of another person, the result will be disallowed.
- Finish times will be converted into an age / gender percentage score using the Howard Grubb WAVA Calculator (2015 updated edition).
- Self-timed races will not be eligible.
- Clothing shall be worn that identifies you as a member of BRJ.
Junior Qualifying Events For 2018:
|January 14th:||Frostbite #4 (Ferry Meadows), scored as 1.5M|
|February 11th:||Any Parkrun 2km event|
|March 11th:||BRJ Frostbite #6 (1.5M)|
|April TBC||Camborne 1m|
|May 7th:||BRJ - Mayor of Huntingdon Charity 1.5m|
|June 24th:||Ramsey 3k|
|July TBC||Peterborough Grand Prix Series 3k|
|August TBC:||Thorney 3K|
|September 9th||Any Parkrun 2km event|
|October TBC||Peterborough Great Eastern Run 5K|
|November TBC:||Any parkrun 5k|
|December TBC:||Frostbite #3|
Senior Qualifying Events For 2018:
|January 20th:||Any parkrun 5k|
|February 25th:||Tarpley 20M|
|March 25th:||Thorney 10K|
|April 8th:||Sandy 10M|
|June 24th||Ramsey 10k|
|July TBC||Peterborough Grand Prix 5k series|
|August TBC||Thorney 5M|
|September 1st (TBC)||Bedford Half Marathon|
|October TBC||Fenland 10M|
|November TBC||St Neots Half Marathon|
|December TBC||Waterside (Grafham) 10k|
|January - December 2018||Any full marathon UK or overseas.
(Only one marathon will count towards the final score.)
The Senior awards available are:
- Champion Man and Champion Lady
- Runner-Up (Man and Lady)
- Third Place (Man and Lady)
- Age Category Winners (Man and Lady)
- "Most Personal Bests" of the Championship (Man and Lady)
In the event of a tie when calculating the final scores, the following criteria will be used to determine the final positions:
|i)||Compare the average points for all events completed across an equal number of races. The individual with the highest average percentage will win.|
|ii)||If the position is still tied after applying the test at (i) above, the individual with the highest total number of completed eligible events will take precedence.|
|In the event that there is any dispute, the arbiter shall be the Club Captain, whose decision shall be final.|
Performance Awards Scheme
In conjunction with the Running Championship there will be a Performance Awards Scheme.
If an individual achieves a finish position in the Running Championship they will receive a certificate based on their level of achievement against the pre-determined set of criteria detailed below:
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall below 50%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall between 50% to 59.99%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall between 60% to 69.99%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall between 70% to 74.99%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall between 75% to 79.99%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall at 80%, or more